Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Can I still be saved?

My Mother raised me in the church as a young child and she is a devout Christian. From a yound age I was always reluctant to go to church and hear the word of God. At the age of 10 or so I was baptized and was questioned about my faith prior to doing so, but deep down I was just going through the motions. At 16 I attempted suicide and was miraculously saved and even the doctors said it was a miracle. A few years later my life started going downhill and I said in my mind that I was turning my back on God and I was going to live my way which thus far has been filled with fornication, lust, hate, and countless sin. I have been living the worlds way. Last year I felt remorse and started going to church again as well as bible study but went for maybe a month before I fell back into sin and lived the worlds way. I recently started reading the bible sincerely, for the first time in my life, as well as praying. I'm searching to find God and live my life as Jesus did but I'm also extremely fearful of what is to come. I've found numberous verses in the bible that have said I am lost (Hebrews 6:4-8). Can God ever forgive me? I have turned my back on the Lord and lived the worlds way for far too long. God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment